Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Reviewing for fun

Reviewing.... it's a game, an ugly, frustrating game. Only not really, it's not a game, it's an addiction. You join these sites, apply to review products, and wait. You stalk your inbox like a lioness hunting her prey. First thing in the morning, checking that inbox. Bedtime? Hah... not before you check that inbox. Every dang time your phone chimes with that email notification... checking that inbox. It's fun, stressful, and addicting. I wait ever so patiently for the mail, UPS, and FedEx. Waiting like a child at Christmas. The FedEx guy didn't realize until recently that the lone house on the left, which had been empty for 3 years, is now filled with a family, with children, and dogs, and laughter. I love reviewing, really I do. I've tried products I never thought I would, hell, I never even KNEW EXISTED. Occasionally, I am able to get something that my children can use. Things I can watch them wonder over and enjoy... all in the name of a review. Recently, I was given the opportunity to review a RC Firetruck. It has all the bells and whistles, lights and real firetruck sounds. My dog hates it. My 15 month old LOVES it. He chases it around excitedly squeals of laughter and patters of tiny feet. We control it but in reality, he controls us. For my 12 year old, it's the selfie sticks. She and her 12 year old friends have tested and retested them. Each has their favorite. Until yesterday, I didn't know that a wired one was preferred over a Bluetooth one as it takes less battery. Lesson learned, thanks my child. For my finance, it's iPhone chargers. He puts them through the ringer. Work, the car, and at home, he's got enough. I've even managed to score some BBQ gloves for my future father in law. Not only did those bad boys give me extra points, but a nice, juicy rack of ribs. #bonus
Sometimes, I get nothing. Days pass without an approval and it leads me searching my Amazon reviews seeing what it is that I can do to "fix" them. To attract more sellers... Other days, I feel overwhelmed with the responses. It's a game. I love it. I see women who earn money reviewing. Who get the opportunities to review awesome things for companies like Mattel. Those women are reviewing goddesses. Me? Sure, I'd love to be able to review the latest gadgets and gizmos and toys. But I am also more than happy to review the small stuff... kitchen, home, garden... things that I feel like I would actually use in my life. It's fun, and it's helpful. And it gives me purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment