Friday, August 7, 2015

Boy Bands and all things stupid

Being the mother of a 12 year old girl is hard. Sometimes, it's hell. Currently, I have 2 12 year old girls straightening their hair and making sure their outfits are just perfect. Why? 5 Seconds of Summer. What the hell was I thinking getting my daughter and her best friend tickets for their birthdays? Did stupidity overcome me? Or is it something deeper. Something more of a pissing contest of sorts, in strategic plan to out-do dad when it came to birthday gifts. In my moment of insanity, I did what lots of mothers would do when faced with the fact dad can afford better things than I can. Or was it just something I wanted to treat my daughter to? She deserves it. She's been through so much over the last 2 years and has come out stronger, wiser, and damnit, almost grownup. I love my daughter. That's why I am fixing to log off of my laptop, hop in the shower, and take these girls 2 hours away for a night they aren't likely to forget any time soon. I love her so much, that's why when faced with 105* temps, I am doing this. I am sucking it up and making her dreams come true, because it's not all about me. It's about her. My warrior, my blessing. Pray for me, as I am about to embark on a journey in which I won't come out the same. I am the "cool mom" for now. And that, makes me her favorite parent, if even for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment